Ag. Director Transport
The main Mandate of transport Directorate is to provide quality mechanical transport and plants services, enhance development and maintenance of roads and other related infrastructural works with a view to support realization of the County Integrated Development Plan.
- Develop infrastructure for landing facilities to facilitate water transport linking inter/intra counties.
- Management of county route and provision of technical information on various transportation routes in the county.
- Hiring of construction and building equipment’s to the public.
- Provision of policy direction on public transport.
- Formation, sensitisation and implementation of policy guidelines on public transport in the county.
- Co-ordination of public transport services including effective road safety measures.
- Provision of effective preventive measure for public and private fleets.
- Management of motorized and non-motorised transportation within urban areas in the county
- Registration and maintenance of car parks, parking Bays and effective control of traffic within the urban areas.
- 2 New Tippers bought
- 2 New Graders bought
- 1 New Roller bought
- Other machines and equipment acquired from MTF through Transition Authority (TA)
- Ministry plants and machinery Overhaul