The department is tasked to construct, maintain and manage county road network as stipulated in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Construction of county roads
- Rehabilitation and maintenance of county roads.
- Managing and protecting reserves for county roads and access to roadside development.
- Implementation of road policies in relation to county roads.
- Ensuring that the quality of county roads work is in accordance with national set standards.
- Ordinary Sharable Revenue
- Tarmacking of 4KM Ekalees centre (E1355) road to bitumen standard.
- Tarmacking of 6KM Lodwar town roads.
- Maintaining of 542KM county roads (Earth/Gravel roads)
- The only Donor funding Road Projects in Turkana County Government is Kenya Roads Board (KRB) under Routine Maintenance Levy Fund (RMLF)
- The Funding started in the FY 2015/2016 but implementation was started in 2017/2018
- The total accumulated fund from 2015/2016 to 2017/2018was Kshs. 753,330,097.00
- The RMLF projects entails: Grading, Gravelling, Site Clearance and Drift Construction
- As at December 2018 the total distance covered using the funds was 1087Km