Patrick Losike Lokaimoe
County Executive Committee Member for Infrastructure, Transport & Public Works
Chief Officer- Infrastructure and Transport
The Ministry envisions providing better services to all county residents by Providing quality mechanical transport and plants services to enhance development and maintenance of roads and other related infrastructural works with view to support realization of the County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP). The ministry is mandated to Construct, maintain and manage county roads networks as stipulated in the fourth schedule of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and to provide services to other departments in design, documentation and project implementation. The ministry comprises of the directorate of Administration, Infrastructure, Transport and Public Works.
- Key Priorities for MTEF 2020/21- 2022/23.
To realize and attain; modern standard roads, admired transport sector, and best architectural services which encompasses modern structural standards.
To facilitate provision, maintenance and management of quality roads, proper transport sector management and provision of quality public works services to all.
- Protection and Gabioning of rivers to enhance accessibility.
- Develop and enforce road and transport policies and legal framework.
- Management of infrastructure and public works network.
• Maintenance of Plant and Machinery to increase revenue and facilitate development process.
- OVERAL OBJECTIVES
- DIRECTORATES AND THEIR MANDATES
- MINISTRY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Facilitate adequate provision of cost-effective infrastructure, including government buildings and other public works.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure with a view to support realization of the County Integrated Development Plan.
- Develop and maintain technical and quality audit for infrastructure, building and other related public works in the public sector.
- Provide quality public works services to all County Government entities and general public.
Construct, maintain and manage county road network as stipulated in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya 2010
Provide quality mechanical transport and plants services, enhance development and maintenance of roads and other related infrastructural with a view to support realization of the County Integrated Development Plans
Public works core mandate is service provision to other departments in design, documentation and project implementation. This calls for adequate facilitation for the professional service