George Emoru Emojong
Ag. County Executive Committee Member for Education, Sports and Social Protection
Chief Officer-Education,Sport and Social Protection
The Ministry of Education, Sports and Social Protection is mandated to provide quality education – early childhood and vocational, economic and social empowerment of the marginalized groups, and support the youth through sports. With over 180 early childhood learning centers, a strong foundation of Turkana’s future is established. Through the bursary fund and welfare programmes – sports included, thousands of county residents have benefitted.
The Sector comprises of the following sub-Sectors
▪ Early Childhood Education
▪ Vocational Training
▪ Social Protection
▪ Public Relations
▪ Sports and Talent Development
- Key Priorities for MTEF 2020/21- 2022/23
- Ministry Achievements
The hallmark of transformative governance
To provide leadership in the county anchored on the rule of law and democratic participation for efficient service delivery.
• Install ECDE centers with Energy-saving stores as well as supply them with cooking pots and utensils.
• Renovate and furnish ECDE centers to secure and improve on conducive learning environment.
• To improve conducive learning environment at DICECE through equipping the institution with learning and instructional materials.
• Improve management of VTCs through provision of motorbikes.
• Renovate youth polytechnics.
• Purchase of assorted assistive devices for PWDs.
• Construction of multipurpose social hall for PWDs in sub Counties.
• Construction of sports stadium at Ekalees sports complex (Flagship project).
- To create an enabling environment and enhance institutional efficiency and effectiveness
- To improve the County’s image and raise its profile.
- To strengthen institutions and frameworks for government business coordination and performance.
- To enhance development, support and ensure effective delivery of quality services through informed advisory.
- To support increase of resources for development through partnership and investment augmentation.
- To promote internal transparency, accountability and prudent utilization of public resources.