Jennifer Nawoi Longor
Minister of Tourism , Culture and Natural Resources
Chief Officer-Tourism, Culture and Natural Resources
The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Natural Resources is one of the ten ministries in the County Government of Turkana. It is mandated to execute, implement and support projects and activities that are geared towards the promotion of tourism, preservation of culture and conservation of natural resources in the county. This entails facilitating good governance for sustainable development of exceptional tourism products, rich cultural heritage of the Turkana people and natural resources (wildlife, rangelands and forests).
To be globally competitive in tourism, culture, heritage and natural resources preservation and protection
To promote and facilitate a sustainable and vibrant environment for tourism, culture, heritage and protection of our diverse natural resources
- STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- MINISTRY'S ACHIEVEMENTS
The ministry has three sub sectors divided into three departments;
- Natural Resources.
- Create enabling environment and enhance institutional efficiency and Effectiveness
- Research, Promote and encourage development of Diverse Tourism Products across the supply chain focusing on value addition while promoting Turkana as preferred Tourism destination.
- Coordinate, advice and Maintain linkages with tourism stakeholders.
- Research, Develop, Promote and Preserve Turkana Culture, arts and Heritage as driving force behind human, socio-economic development.
- Research, Identify, map, gazette, Develop and maintain essential infrastructure for effective forestry and Wildlife management, conservation and protection.