Director of ICT
Turkana County Government’s ICT Department is responsible for the ICT Operations function in the county covering the installation, consolidation, migration, upgrading, operations management and maintenance of servers, storage, phone systems, database management and risk critical systems. The main objective of the ICT department is to improve the livelihoods of citizens by ensuring the availability of accessible, efficient, reliable and affordable ICT services.
A prosperous ICT-driven Turkana County.
To improve the livelihoods of citizens by ensuring the availability of accessible, efficient, reliable and affordable ICT services.
- MANDATE & FUNCTIONS
- ICT TEAM
- Providing ICT services to the County Government.
- Carrying out system analysis and design.
- Developing and implementing computerized information systems.
- Ensuring adherence to standards and procedures for information systems.
- Selection, interviewing and recruitment of ICT project team members.
- Formulating and developing County ICT infrastructure.
- Formulating ICT policy and advising the County Government on matters related to ICT.
- Automation of all County services in order to provide enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
- Design and development of an interactive website through which information for public consumption can be uploaded thus provide a communication channel for exchange of views and opinions (e-participation)
- Implementation of recommendations contained in the ICT Transformation Roadmap that is anchored to County Integrated Development Plan.
- ICT capacity building (for county government staff and other stakeholders)
- To enhance network connectivity within the jurisdiction of Turkana county.
- To maintain ICT systems and ensure the infrastructure is secure for sustainable operations.
- To automate all county services in order to provide operational efficiency and effectiveness in customer service delivery.
- To electronically disseminate information for effective decision making.
- Provide effective technical support in the maintenance of ICT Systems and equipment and to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- To create an internal communication network service by developing an intranet/Extranet system where County information will be posted and accessed by all staff.
- County official web portal.
- Internet connectivity at County HQ and all ministries within Lodwar.
- County ICT roadmap/strategy.
- County ICT policy.
- Automated revenue system.
- Recruitment of additional staff.